Thursday, June 16, 2022

But our Pharmacist is Lonely!

 Halfway through radiation and about to start a new round of chemo.  Actually 40% through radiation.  Yesterday, I went to my appointment and the machine was down.  That seems like something to avoid - radiation in a malfunctioning machine.  I told them my microwave in my new duplex seems powerful, so maybe I borrow the mask and stand right next to it?  As you might expect, that was a non-starter.  So, I have an extra day of detention added on next week.  And I have been so compliant!

The poison is coming from a different specialty pharmacy than last time.  But they still ask 1,000 questions.  Got through them all yesterday and Temodar, the Chemo teller, was scheduled to arrive at my door today.  But I got a voicemail this morning saying Temodar had been delayed.  I called them back to see what the problem was - insurance, my new address, Temodar needs to be at the circus one more day?  No, the order went in too late to make a truck last night.  Perhaps if they cut the questions to 400 or less, we could have made the truck.

The nice lady at Acredo (my new specialty pharmacy that sounds like a life coach), kept asking me these specific questions:

1) do you have enough medication on hand to last the next few days? and

2) would you like to speak to the pharmacist about what to do about missed doses?

Me: "I am not missing any until they arrive.  I start the five-day regimen when I get the Chemo."

" But would you like to speak to our pharmacist?"

"No thank you.  Does he (or she or them) want to talk to me?"

"No sir. Unless you had questions about what to do about the missing doses."

I guess in her mind, I take this every day and this delay is forcing me off it for a few days.  That is a frightening thought - daily Temodar year-round.  I appreciated the concern for my potential gap in poison consumption, but I don't feel the need to chat with their lonely pharmacist to give him/her/them/all y'all (my preferred pronoun) something to do.  So, I wait one more day to start poison.  And then take it Friday through Tuesday nights.  With radiation finishing on Wednesday.  

Fair warning - I might feel like crap and be unpleasant next Thursday / Friday.  I mean, more than normal. I'll try to take it out on the Acredo pharmacist is them is still available.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bucket List

 With time now awaiting, seems like I need a bucket list.  There are domestic and international trips to take, people and places to. See at ...