Tuesday, June 7, 2022

Compliant without complaint

 I am fully moved into my new duplex.  The couple in the "B" side moved out last week.  I met their dog on the way out.  It was a lab named :"Lily".  A new couple moved in this weekend.  They have an adorable little girl named "Lily."  A good trade-off, but I am going to lobby for them to get a dog.  Lily needs one.

I often say "I am content, not style." So I invited my friends Laura, Julia, and Meg over on Sunday to help me with style. Not only did they rearrange my furniture to make the place look so much better, they helped me determine where artwork and knickknacks should go.  I furnished margaritas to help lubricate the creative process.  Yes, that sounds a little wrong.  I see that now.  I guess "lubricate" is best left solely to car repair discussions.

At the end of the Extreme Russell Duplex Makeover, they gave me a list of things I needed to get / do to finish up.  Some pillow covers to match art work, a few decorative vases, and a frame for an "Art From the Street" painting I have.  

I bought and installed everything on the list and sent them all pictures of the result.  What follows is the actual text transcript:

Me: (accompanying pix) "Going down my to do list"

Laura: "Oh you're so compliant"

Julia "looking good"

Meg "What a snazzy, grown up man space"

Me: " I'm so including those quotes in my next dating profile.  I'll be golden to empty 

nester divorcees."









Laura: "Snazzy and compliant man with a job.  It's more rare than you think."

Me: "I found 3 on Grinder."

Laura: [spitting out water meme.]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bucket List

 With time now awaiting, seems like I need a bucket list.  There are domestic and international trips to take, people and places to. See at ...